On Thursday, Governor John Hickenlooper announced his appointments to the Private Activity Bond Allocations Committee and the Utility Consumer’s Board.
The Private Activity Bond Allocations Committee reviews requests and makes recommendations to the Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Local Affairs on the distribution of industrial development bonds. The member appointed is:
- Lon S. Carpenter, of Grand Junction, to represent citizen-at-large, west of the Continental Divide; term to expire July 1, 2014.
The Utility Consumers’ Board provides policy guidance to the Office of Consumer Counsel regarding rule-making, legislative projects, and general activities of the office. The board works to represent the interests of residential, agricultural, and small business users of Colorado utilities. The members appointed are:
- Dian P. Callaghan, of Denver; term to expire July 1, 2015.
- Marla A. Rock, of Wray; term to expire July 1, 2015.
- Stephen Lawrence Merrill, of Colorado Springs; term to expire July 1, 2015.
- Alan Kent Logan, of Canon City; term to expire July 1, 2015.
- Laurie Tebo, of Divide; term to expire July 1, 2015.
The full press release from the Governor’s office concerning these board and commission appointments can be found here.