The Colorado Department of State has proposed amendments to the Colorado Secretary of State Election Rules. The changes are seen as necessary to improve the administration of elections in Colorado.
Amendments will be made to rules concerning:
- the processing of voter registration applications;
- voter correspondence;
- assigning ballot order for measures submitted by jurisdictions crossing county lines;
- mail ballot elections;
- recount procedures for races involing write-in candidates;
- initiative petition entity licensing procedures;
- initiative petition circulator residence;
- provisional ballot acceptance codes;
- implementation of HB 11-1219 regarding military and overseas voters;
- unsigned mail/mail-in ballot affidavits;
- emergency mail-in ballots; and
- technical corrections and clarifications.
Additionally, the Secretary of State will consider other rules necessary to implement amendments to the election laws made during the latest Colorado legislative session.
A hearing on the proposed rules will be held on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at the Office of the Secretary of State, 1700 Broadway, Blue Spruce Room (2nd Floor), Denver, Colorado 80290, beginning at 2:00 pm.