On Friday, August 5, 2011, Governor John Hickenlooper announced his appointments to several more Boards and Commissions.The appointments were made to the Hospital Provider Fee Oversight and Advisory Board, the CoverColorado Board of Directors, the Colorado HIV/AIDS Care and Prevention Coalition, and the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education.
The Hospital Provider Fee Oversight and Advisory Board is responsible for working with the Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing and the Medical Services Board to develop the hospital provider fee model, monitor implementation of HB 09-1293, help with preparation of annual reports on the program, and ensure that the Medicaid and CHP+ eligibility expansions are implemented as intended. The new members appointed are:
- Peggy Jordan Burnette, of Denver, to serve as an employee of a hospital in Colorado; term to expire May 15, 2012.
- Michelle Lynn Joy, of Sterling, to serve as an employee of a rural hospital in Colorado; term to expire May 15, 2015.
The CoverColorado Board of Directors works to provide access to health insurance to approximately 2,500 Coloradans through the CoverColorado program. Recipients are considered “high-risk” and not covered by other insurance companies due to pre-existing health conditions. The members appointed are:
- Gary S. Carolson, of Castle Rock, reappointed to represent individuals who are currently insured under the program; term to expire July 1, 2015.
- Carrie S. Etherton, of Denver, to serve as an individual who is currently insured or who has been insured under the program; term to expire July 1, 2015.
- Christopher Jon Miller, of Denver, to serve as a representative of an insurance carrier; term to expire July 1, 2013.
- Keith Evans, of Lonetree, to serve as a representative of insurance carriers; term to expire July 1, 2014.
The Colorado HIV/AIDS Care and Prevention Coalition serves as an expert resource for providing advice and information to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment on issues, trends, needs, and resources pertaining to HIV/AIDS in the promotion of effective HIV prevention and care programs. The Coalition will advise CDPHE on both scientific and policy issues, including those related to treatment and access to medical care for persons in Colorado living with HIV/AIDS. The Coalition replaced the Colorado Advisory Council on AIDS, which expired at the end of 2008. The members appointed, with terms to expire Feb. 27, 2014, are:
- Analee T. Beck of Pueblo.
- Carroll Avon Watkins Ali of Denver.
- Carolyn T. Lease of Denver, reappointed.
- Roseann Grace Prieto of Aurora, reappointed.
- Peter L. Ralin of Denver, reappointed.
- Mary Beth Luedtke of Grand Junction, reappointed.
The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education is composed of three members each from fifteen Western states. The commission studies the needs of professional and graduate educational facilities in the region, the resources for meeting such needs and the long-range effects of the commission’s findings on higher education. Each state’s commissioners submit a report to their Governor and General Assembly. The new members are:
- Demetri E. “Rico” Munn of Denver; term to expire March 28, 2013.
- Lt. Gov. Joseph A. Garcia, of Pueblo, to serve as a representative of educators engaged in the field of higher education; term to expire March 28, 2014.
- Dr. Dene Kay Thomas of Durango; term to expire March 28, 2015.
The full press release from the Governor’s Office concerning these board and commission appointments can be found here.