The Colorado State Judicial Branch has once again issued numerous revised forms for use in the state’s water courts, including many that were just previously updated in October. Also, a new Denver Basin Application form was issued. Practitioners should begin using the new forms immediately.
State Judicial also advises that these revised forms must be used for applications filed on and after January 1, 2012. All deadlines that occur after January 1, 2012, even if the deadlines are in existing cases, should be calculated under the amended Water Court Rules and/or amended Rules of Civil Procedure, unless there is a Water Court order to the contrary.
The updated forms are available only in Microsoft Word format; Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and Word template formats are likely forthcoming. Download the new forms from State Judicial’s individual forms pages, or below.
- JDF 296W – “Application for Water Rights (Surface)” (revised 12/11)
- JDF 297W – “Application for Water Storage Right” (revised 12/11)
- JDF 298W – “Application for Underground Water Right” (revised 12/11)
- JDF 299W – “Application for Change of Water Right” (revised 12/11)
- JDF 300W – “Application: For Finding of Diligence or To Make Absolute” (revised 12/11)
- JDF 301W – “Application for Approval of Plan for Augmentation” (revised 12/11)
- JDF 308W – “Denver Basin Application” (12/11)