Editor’s Note: On June 20, 2012, the Colorado Supreme Court announced that a different rule change will be categorized as Rule Change 2012(06). This rule change will now be categorized as 2012(07). Click here to review the redline changes (still labeled as 2012(06)) and click here to review a clean copy of the finalized Rules of Judicial Conduct (labeled as 2012(07)) .
The Colorado Supreme Court has amended several Rules of Judicial Discipline. Many changes were made to the rules, including some renumbering. Affected rules include:
- Rule 4. Jurisdiction and Powers
- Rule 5. Grounds for Discipline
- Rule 18.5. Special Masters [formerly Rule 24]
- Rule 21.5. Discovery
- Rule 33. Record of Proceedings
- Rule 33.5. Disability Proceedings
- Rule 36.5. Conviction of a Crime
- Rule 37. Recommendation and Notice
- Rule 40. Decision
These amendments were adopted on March 22, 2012 and are effective immediately.
Click here to review the red line changes to the Rules of Judicial Discipline, outlined as Rule Change 2012(06).