The Colorado State Judicial Branch announced 11 vacancies for attorneys on nominating commissions in 9 judicial districts. The application period opened Friday, September 21, and applications are due by 5 p.m. on October 22, 2012.
Each judicial district has a nominating commission comprised of three attorneys and four non-attorneys. No more than half of the members plus one may have the same political affiliation, and applicants must reside in the judicial district for which they seek appointment. Attorneys serve on the nominating commission as volunteers.
The judicial districts with vacancies on the nominating commissions are:
- 6th Judicial District (applicant cannot be a registered Democrat);
- 7th Judicial District (applicant must reside in Montrose County);
- 11th Judicial District (applicant must reside in Chaffee or Fremont County);
- 12th Judicial District (two vacancies; applicants must reside in Alamosa, Saguache, or Conejos County);
- 13th Judicial District (applicant must reside in Kit Carson County);
- 15th Judicial District;
- 18th Judicial District;
- 20th Judicial District (applicant cannot be a registered Democrat); and
- 22nd Judicial District (two vacancies).
Applications may be found on the State Judicial website. They must be turned in to Cheryl Stevens via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (303-861-7429), or regular mail (100 W. Colfax Ave., Ste. 800, Denver, CO 80203).