Each year, the Community Action Network holds a school supply drive to benefit the Denver Public Schools Educational Outreach Program, which provides assistance to homeless children in the Denver Public School System, including school supplies, breakfast and lunch assistance, uniforms, and more.
This year’s school supply drive starts Monday, July 21, 2014 and will run through Friday, August 1, 2014. Barrels for school supply donations have been set up in the lobby of the CBA/DBA and CLE offices at 1900 Grant Street on the 3rd and 9th floors. Donations may be dropped off from Firms may also participate in the drive by collecting school supplies in easy-to-carry boxes at their offices; Ricoh will pick up the boxes the week of August 4.
Items needed for this year’s drive include:
- Backpacks of all sizes;
- Pencils, pens, crayons, and markers;
- Binders, notebooks, folders, and paper;
- Scissors, rulers, staplers, staples, glue, and glue sticks;
- Pencil cases;
- Scientific calculators, compasses, protractors, and geometry sets;
- Dictionaries and thesauruses;
- Navy and red polo shirts in all kids’ sizes;
- And more!