The staff of Colorado Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (CBA-CLE) has so many enthusiastic hockey fans (including recreational players, coaches, referees, and those who just watch) that we thought it appropriate to have a hockey theme to celebrate when we won three awards in 2011. The “Hat Trick” from the international organization, the Association for Continuing Legal Education (ACLEA), included awards in the categories of Publications, Technology (for this blog!), and Public Interest.
Dawn McKnight, Assistant Executive Director of CBA-CLE says, “Our staff does an incredible job and we could not have won the awards without the help of the hundreds of attorneys and legal professionals in Colorado who contribute their time and resources to the projects. There are too many people to name that volunteer countless hours for us, but we are extremely grateful and lucky to work with such talented and dedicated people. It’s very rewarding to be recognized by this international organization for the work we do and especially to win three in one year! We’ll continue to work hard to achieve our ‘goals’ of providing quality legal education programs and publications for our legal community.”
2011 ACLEA AWARDS
- Public Service Category: Senior Law Day Project
- Senior Law Day is an annual event for the public, held in several different locations each year around the state and offers workshops taught by attorneys and other professionals on critical topics to seniors including Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Estate Planning and many other issues.
- Publications Category: Residential Construction Law in Colorado, Third Edition
- Written by noted attorneys Ronald M. Sandgrund, Scott F. Sullan, and Leslie A. Tuft, this timely and well-written book reviews critical issues with homeowners’ legal rights and remedies arising from the design, construction, marketing, and sale of single-family homes and multi-family communities.
- Technology Category: CBA-CLE Legal Connection Blog – www.cbaclelegalconnection.com
- A free resource for the Colorado legal community to get the latest Colorado legal news easier and faster from one centralized, searchable resource.
DEFINITION OF A HAT TRICK: Three goals scored by one player in a single game.
ABOUT ACLEA: Established in 1964, ACLEA is an international association providing educational opportunities and professional interaction for its members. The organization includes members in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and Mexico. Administrators, trainers, managers, educators, publishers, programmers and meeting professionals are all members of ACLEA.
ABOUT CBA-CLE: Colorado Bar Association CLE [CBA-CLE] is the nonprofit education arm of the Colorado Bar Association and the Denver Bar Association. We produce high-quality continuing legal education programs and legal publications for attorneys and legal professionals in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region.