The Denver Bar Association seeks nominations for the 2014 DBA Awards. Nominations are due January 31, 2014, and encompass several categories:
- DBA Award of Merit – This award is given to a member of the DBA who provides outstanding service and contributions to the DBA and the legal community. A list of prior recipients may be found here.
- DBA Judicial Excellence Award – This award honors a DBA member of the judiciary who contributes to the improvement of the legal system or provides exceptional contributions to the judiciary. Click here for prior recipients.
- DBA Young Lawyer of the Year – This award is given to a DBA member who is younger than 37 or has been in practice less than three years and who provides outstanding service and contributions to the DBA and the legal community. Prior recipients may be found here.
- DBA Volunteer Lawyer of the Year – This award recognizes pro bono efforts by DBA members. Click here to see a list of prior recipients.
- DBA Education in the Legal Community Award – This new award was developed to recognize outstanding contributions to legal education and civics by lawyers or schools.
- DBA Outstanding Programs/Projects – Also new for this year, this award acknowledges the immense efforts of programs that provide legal education, outreach, pro bono services or fundraising.