August 25, 2019

SB 13-145: Reallocating Conservation Trust Funds to Certain Metropolitan Districts that Provide Parks and Recreation Services

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013, Sen. Angela Giron introduced SB 13-145 – Concerning the Reallocation of the Conservation Trust Fund to a Metropolitan District that Provides Parks and Recreation Services Within and Includes Territory Within the Unincorporated Area of a County Only. This summary is published here courtesy of the Colorado Bar Association’s e-Legislative Report.

For a metropolitan district (district) that provides parks and recreation services and includes territory exclusively within the unincorporated area of a county that, as of January 1, 2013, has not pledged or otherwise used revenues from its share of conservation trust fund moneys to secure financing that has not yet been fully repaid for a specific project, the reallocation of conservation trust fund moneys is changed, over a 3-year phase-in period, from one-half of the percentage to the full percentage which the district’s population within the county is to the total population of the unincorporated area of the county if the district:

  • Has, as estimated in the July 1, 2012, special district total population estimate of the state demography office of the department of local affairs, 10,000 or more individuals residing within its territory;
  • Has only elected board members;
  • Provides only parks and recreation facilities that are open to the general public, including individuals who are not residents of the district; and
  • When providing its annual certification that it is an entity eligible to receive a conservation trust fund allocation to the division of local government in the department of local affairs (division), informs the division that it prefers to receive a full percentage share.

A county must notify the division when it has fully repaid any financing secured by conservation trust fund moneys. The division may accept gifts, grants, and donations for the purpose of implementing the bill.

The bill is assigned to the State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Speak Your Mind